The INBAR International Photo Competition 2023 is open now for submissions.
This year the INBAR Photography Competition is looking for photographs that reflect bamboo and rattan’s uses for sustainable development, particularly these plants’ roles as plastic alternatives, conservation of biodiversity and wildlife, and land restoration.
INBAR is calling all bamboo and rattan enthusiasts, architects, artisans, and photographers, among others to showcase these natural materials wonders. Bamboo, the fast-growing grass plant, and rattan, the spiky climbing palm, can be important nature-based solutions to a number of pressing global challenges, for poverty alleviation, green trade, climate change mitigation and adaptation, resilient construction and environmental protection.
- Bamboo and Rattan as Plastic Alternatives
- Biodiversity and Wildlife Conservation
- Land Restoration
- This competition is open to everyone regardless of nationality.
- Participants must be 12 years old or older. Participants under 18 must have a legal representative and submit the parental consent form.
- Each participant can participate only once but can submit up to 3 photos.
- Submissions must be received by 15 August 2023 at 23:59 GMT+8. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
How to participate
- Participants should submit the photograph and its description in the INBAR Photography Competition 2023 Form by 15 August 2023 at 23:59 GMT+8.
- Each photograph should be saved with the name of the photographer and title of the photograph, i.e., ‘Name_TitleofthePhoto’ when submitted to the online form.
- Photographs must be submitted in jpg/jpeg format. They must be at least 2,000 pixels on the wide side and at least 150 dpi (higher is recommended).
- Photographs cannot be edited or altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects or text within the frame.
- The photograph must be original work from the participant. The participant is responsible that the photograph does not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Photographs that showcase or elevate the use of bamboo and rattan in the above-mentioned categories.
- Photograph composition
- Photograph quality
Prizes for each category
First place USD 500
Second place USD 300
Third Place USD 200
All winners will also receive a digital winning certificate. The winners will receive the prize via bank transfer, INBAR will bear the cost of the sending fee, but the participants are responsible for any receiving fees imposed by their banks, correspondent banks, and taxes. INBAR holds the right to declare the prize vacant if the submissions don’t align with the evaluation criteria. All decisions are final. The winners will be notified via email and the winning photographs will be published on our website by 15 September 2023.
- A panel made of professional photographers and INBAR’s team.
- The participant will retain the rights to their photographs, however, by joining the competition, all participants grant INBAR permission to publish and use their photographs in any digital and printed publication from INBAR and/or partners in any media format.
- INBAR will credit the photographer using their name when using the photograph.
- The prize must be collected by the winner or legal representative and is non-transferable.
We are eagerly looking forward to your submission and your help to promote bamboo and rattan for sustainable development!