Peace Corps Ecuador
Peace Corps Ecuador Vacancy Announcement
Program Manager/ Teaching English as a Foreign Language
One or more positions available, depending on need and availability of funds
POSITION: Program Manager/TEFL
OPENING DATE: September 12, 2021
CLOSING DATE: October 03, 2021
The United States Peace Corps in Ecuador is seeking qualified individuals in the field of Programming to serve as a full-time Program Manager for the programming operations in our office in Quito. This vacancy may be used to fill multiple positions.
Starting salary of $55, 701 annually, depending on qualifications, inclusive of annual fixed benefits, 13th month, 14th month, and reserve fund bonuses. Life and health insurance are provided, with annual coverage of health benefits for each individual up to $57,600.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current Ecuadorian citizen, resident, and/or work permit
- University Degree (Licenciatura) in TEFL/TESOL, English Education, or Linguistics. Advanced degree (Master’s) preferred.
- Five Years’ Experience driving a vehicle with the ability to pass Smith driving course and medical exam.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the management of TEFL sector projects and activities.
- At least two years of experience working directly with programs in public and/or private Education or development setting.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience supervising and leading diverse individuals and/or teams.
- Ability to travel for frequent periods of time extending up to one week.
- Professional fluency in Spanish and English (oral/written). Professional fluency will be considered as comparable to C1 on the CEFR scale, IV from Inlingua, or a TOEFL score of at least 95. All certificates must be dated within the past 3 years. Language tests may be administered.
The full Statement of Work is included for review on pages 2-6
Interested applicants for this position must submit all of the following information by email in order for their application to be considered:
- A completed Application Form (pages 7-12), including three professional references
- A resume or CV
- A cover letter
- Verification of English or Spanish fluency from a language testing institution; self-certification will not be accepted (see Statement of Work for more details). All certificates must be dated within the past 3 years.
All documents must be in English and submitted to EC01-Vacancy@peacecorps.gov , Attention: Contracting Officer. In the subject line of your email, please use the following format: Position for which you are applying_your full name. Example: PM-TEFL Application_John Brown